Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Visa's, prayer requests and corn schucking!

So, we're spending some time in states with Jonathan's family before going back to Kyrgyzstan in November. We'd really appreciate your prayers as our passports and visa's got stolen at Charlotte airport. So we are currently reapplying. Hopefully this won't set us back any longer than we had expected. We are eager to return to the church in Kyrgyzstan.
However, the time here in the states has been wonderful and we've been able to spend time wth lots of friends and family. We took Jonathan's grandad (87 yrs old) to a corn shucking festival this weekend. It was definately a culture shock for me...

4 comments:

Olya Velichko said...

I really like the header, so kyrgyz. Thanks for the pictures. I wish I could be there :*(

Anonymous said...

Can you guys stop in? My number is 215-715-8046. I'll pitch in a couple bills for travel.

Conor and Koren said...

It tastes so good when it's hand Schucked! Sweet blog.

Mr.Doub
I haven't met you yet, but congrats! You got yourself a great girl.
Conor

Cara Denney said...

Wow! What a bummer! I thought my travel stories were something (www.caranews.blogspot.com), but losing the passports with visas tops anything...bummer..but hey "vso budet horosho"! :) Would love to visit you guys in the spring maybe?